Friday, September 28, 2012

Company's Coming...What's For Dinner?

Found the best vegi meatloaf recipe (courtesy of Sandra C. from CO) for the Lean In phase, great for company over or just to have left overs for lunch or to freeze:

1 3/4 lb ground turkey
6 egg whites
- combine the two and then add:
1 C frozen squeezed chopped spinach
1 C diced white onion
1 C diced red onion
1 C diced red bell pepper
1 C cauliflower pieces
1/2 C chopped cilantro
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tsp seasoning salt
2 tsp granulated garlic (or 1/4 minced fresh)- I used fresh cause I love me some garlic!

Mix together in a non stick pan or rub a sticky one with olive oil. I used a 9x13 and press the mix all in out to the corners. I topped with a can diced tomatoes that I pureed in the ninja, but recipe calls for a 6oz can of tomato paste mixed with a cup of water- I'm all for using what you have on hand:) Bake at 350 for 40 minutes and for the 24 Day Challenge portions for people 141-224lbs you will have 6 equal portions from this recipe- yum, yum!

My sister in law wanted the recipe, the kids chomped it down, everyone loved it except Mr. Water Diet as he doesn't eat vegetables...he choked it down cause that's all I made for dinner:)

losing weight, post baby weight loss, weight loss recipe

Do you have any great Lean In recipes for company coming over?

No comments:

Post a Comment