Saturday, September 29, 2012

Struck Down by Flatiron Mountain

Well today I took on a mountain- literally! Lesson- ask more questions before you determine you can "hang" during a hike...5.8 miles of Difficult level...yeah, not THIS girl- at least not yet!

Here's my prep for what I think is a leisurely day hike:)

post baby weight loss, weight loss, diet, losing weight


This is Mr. Water Diet's 6:30 am contribution to my safety- I did tell him I actually KNOW the people I am going with, but I guess you can never be too careful these days :/

post baby weight loss, weight loss, diet, losing weight

Here's the middle of what I actually survived through which is pretty close to 4000 ft and 4 miles round trip!
post baby weight loss, weight loss, diet, losing weight, exercise

Here's me pretty stoked with myself for not falling, breaking anything- and oh yeah, dying! I did try to grab a cactus at one point to steady myself...not recommended. :/

post baby weight loss, weight loss, diet, losing weight, exercise

Here's what I pied out on....there was really no way I was prepared for the remaining 1 mile of vertical climbing, including-but not limited to (per one of my fellow hikers) a 12 ft wall of rock at the top that you use a near by tree to scale- WHAT?! I don't even scale my fish myself you fool!

post baby weight loss, weight loss, diet, losing weight, exercise

So beware Flatiron rock...one day I will climb your 12 foot wall...and I will stand on your 4861'-tree or no tree. HUMPH!

What adventures are you taking on in your journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment