Sunday, September 16, 2012

Your Past Does Not Equal Your Future

As I've been working on my outside I'm noticing my inside could use some work too and since I've had more energy to get things done during the day I now have a little time at night that I'm using to work on my emotional being. Like many Moms out there I have like 5 books I started to read at one point or another and never finished- so I picked up "Awaken the Giant" by Antony Robbins, and wouldn't you know it the bookmark was at the beginning of Chapter 11- The 10 Emotions of Power....this type of thing ALWAYS happens to me-story of my life! I chose to think it's a good thing, as just like The 24 Day Challenge- when I was ready to do what it takes to make changes to my health, the processes presented itself.

One of the quotes in this chapter that really resonated with being successful in The Challenge and permanently adopting a healthier lifestyle is:
 
"Pushing yourself won't do it- putting yourself in a state of determination will."


When you "push" yourself to do something you are creating the metaphor that something will not move on it's own, therefore you have to apply pressure to get it move. How much energy will that take? How much will it take to keep it moving? How long can you physically sustain that? Now what if you were in a state of determination? What would that look like? If you are like me then it would means it IS happening...period!

When I originally took on the challenge 27 days ago- without knowing it- that IS where I was- DETERMINED. I was desperate to lose the weight, ready to make changes, willing to take a chance, but most importantly I knew that WHEN I found the right fit- I would do what was needed to make it work.
 
How are you approaching your journey? Are you pushing yourself, or are you determined?

No comments:

Post a Comment