Thursday, November 1, 2012

Taco Chili and Chaos, it's what's for dinner!

AdvoCare 24 day challenge maintenance, after the 24 day challenge


Yesterday was super crazy with Halloween- here's a pic of the cut-outs that lead to my mental demise earlier in the week








Knowing it was going to be a busy day/night I figured crock pot was the best choice for dinner.

24 day challenge meal ideas, 24 Day challenge recipesUsed 1lb ground lamb, seasoned w/taco seasoning, 1 can each of kidney and white beans w/juice, 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 whole onion chopped, garlic cloves chopped (I used 3-4 but they were on the smallish side). Then I had leftover chopped tomatoes and sliced zucchini from the other night so I chopped them up and threw them in too (probably at least a whole zucchini). Added 1/4 tsp each of seasoning salt, pepper, and chili powder- and 1 TBS of taco seasoning.





Here's some costume pics...

 The boppy in the background of Caden's "Undead" pic is my favorite LOL, chaos and pictures- great combo!

24 day challenge meal ideas, 24 Day challenge recipes
Here's the after pic of the Taco Chili...meaning after everyone got served and I almost forgot to take a pic...

This really was a throw together "chili" dish from left over vegi's, meat I had in the freezer and canned beans- not too shabby AND it tasted better than my "regular" chili!

I enjoy the challenge of actually using everything I pay for at the grocery store so I have gotten way more creative at making sure we actually eat all of what I buy. Especially with kids like mine who aren't into leftovers- and it's super easy to use your left over vegi's in soups like this one or even make broths and freeze!




 
What's your go-to Halloween dinner dish?






No comments:

Post a Comment