Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chocolate Protein Pancakes- A Sparkedmom Recipe for a Healthy Family

If I can swing pancakes on Saturday that's major Mom bonus points and sneaking in some extra protein and fiber for my healthy family shoots me right to Super-Nutritious-Mom status! The fact that I didn't get them on a plate until 11ish is completely irrelevant so hand me my cape already- I need it to distract people from the fact that I slept in this shirt ;)

nutrition, family nutrition, healthy family, healthy family recipes, kids nutrition, nutrition for families, nutrition for kids,
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
What I Used:
1 large Egg
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 C Quick Cooking Oats (yes, mine are Walgreens brand- no judging!)
1 C Almond Milk
1 Tbs Agave Nectar
2 Heaping Scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder
2 Tbls coconut oil
3 tsp baking powder

What I Did:
Beat egg in large bowl until fluffy looking, and then added all remaining ingredients and mix until smooth- pour onto hot griddle or pan and flip once when bubbles form or edges look puffy (I assume nothing, so please don't be offended that I just explained how to flip a pancake...heck I still stress out as to when to flip the dang things and 9 times out of 10 the first one goes in the trash as my "practice" one. I just found out today you can flick water on the pan and if it sizzles your ready...way to leave us in the dark Food Network!)

These were a hit and are quite filling, one batch made 5 of the medium pan sized ones you see in the picture. You can also double/triple the batch, freeze and have the kids just pop them in the toaster for a nutritious on the go breakfast or after school snack.

Tried this healthy family recipe? Share your pics! Any fun mix ins?
How about banana? Super-Yummo!




No comments:

Post a Comment