Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 12 of Mom on The 24 Day Challenge

09.01.2012

For the start of my Memorial Day weekend and since my little brother is in town for a four day weekend I ventured out with him and my sister-in-law to the local bar for Karaoke. The only hick-up was having to wait till almost 10 to eat my "Naked" chicken strippers. Was super disappointed when they came out with a thin breading on them:( I've had them a couple times before and to show how much attention I payed to what I ate in the past- I never noticed the breading- only that they were boneless...pretty scary. I figured eating them with the breading was less of a crime than skipping a meal.

Note to self for eating out- Don't assume what a particular dish contains- even if you've had it before. The other night my grilled chicken came with a sauce on it and on rice- neither of which was stated in the menu- you have to ASK!

I was worried the challenge of going to the bar and NOT drinking might be an issue for me, but actually the worst part was staying up that late! I made it to 1pm and called it a night, but still didn't get in bed till 2am. I actually felt pretty wrecked this morning from not getting enough sleep, to the point when I first woke up I thought I HAD drank the night before...no fun. Luckily it wore of pretty quickly, but reminded me that I do not miss those mornings!

Yesterday was also the first Burn Day (no carb) and I really didn't notice- no cravings or anything so that was good. What I DID notice is for the first time in years I had moments I started to feel like "myself" again. A while before I started this challenge I spent a lot of time reflecting on my life and at what point I feel I was most at peace with myself and life, and made personal goals to start working towards that place again. Yesterday there were multiple times when for whatever reason I connected with that time again- if that's all I get out of this challenge it will be worth it many times over!

In other news...Mr. Water Diet was down another two pounds yesterday- BUT he did add Corona Light to his diet last night so we'll see how that plays out :/


Are you on Day 12 of The 24 Day Challenge? What suggestions do you have for eating out? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment