Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 23 of Mom on The 24 Day Challenge

09.12.2012

Well, here we are....Day 23- the last day of my first 24 Day Challenge. Then again, when you're a busy Mom- time flies! Overall I am amazed how easy it was to adjust my eating habits and fit them into my existing routine- the first day was a bit overwhelming but adding ANYTHING to my schedule gets overwhelming the first couple times- after that I'm the Mommy express- get on or get out of the way!

What now? Tomorrow is the final day- so I will take measurements and update my progress and it's a "Free" day for food. Weird part about it is now that it's almost here, the only thing I'm really wanting to do is go out to a nice Pizza and Wine dinner. A few days back I was dreaming about taking the day off to eat, and now...I guess I'm over it. Paul even asked me last night what my plans were for free day....I really sat there for like 20 minutes weighing my breakfast and lunch options and the only thing that sounded delicious was a really good pizza and glass (okay, maybe two!) of Red Wine. McDonalds- blech, Taco Bell- ick, Quiznos- schmh, now that I'm thinking about it again maybe some deli pasta salad and fried chicken wings?

I'm starting to realize through this process that food is just FUEL. I don't know how or when it became this giant thing that took over my life to the point where it was such a focus. I seriously used to plan my outings around where I wanted to EAT, can't wait to eat, when are we going to eat, let's go eat, hey- we need to eat! The foods I was eating wasn't helping either as they were not filling, nor satisfying- hence, ALWAYS HUNGRY. When you are able to shift the priority off of food- think of how much time you will free up- for things like... spa days, I WISH!

What's next? I'm still working down to my goal weight/size- which I really don't have an exact number because I know with WW when I got down to the "number" in my head, I looked like I had an eating disorder- not hot! That was in my 20's and honestly I don't know what that looks like for me now that I'm in my 30's- but I know I'm not there yet- so I will continue repeating the Lean in 13 phase of the Challenge (Days 11-15) and see where I am at 90 Days.

Are you on Day 23 of The 24 Day Challenge? What are your weight loss goals going forward? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment