Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Are What You Eat

Yesterday was a long day- had a morning 15 month check-up for Parky with shots:( and we never know how that's going to go later in the day. Luckily this round wasn't too bad- just a little fever and ouchies. My thinking was to take my waking supplement packets and then go the apt and have breakfast when I get back, since I am usually in/out in 45 min. I guess 45-1hr is a bit too long for me wait to eat after MNSMax E cause by the time I got home I was a little woozy. I've learnt you pretty much need to stick with the time lines they suggest for taking everything...imagine that =D

I'm also noticing that I'm eating less at lunch and dinner- I weigh my protein (because of the issues I had on day 1) but the veggies for my salad or sides has been about half of what I started with the first part of The 24 Day Challenge. In the beginning it is advised that you eat everything but at this point I am starting to listen to my body and when I'm stuffed I stop eating (even though it's healthy, too much food is going to make you uncomfortable). Plus you are eating every 2-3 hours so your next meal is never so far away you are going to starve! Really once you get going on this plan you metabolism kicks in and when you feel hungry you look at the clock and it's time to eat.

If you haven't caught on yet- 80% of the success of The 24 Day Challenge is what you eat. The first 10 Days you cleaned out your body so your organs can better absorb the nutrition in the foods you eat. Then you are eat the right foods at the right times and the supplements work to fill in the gaps and boost the work you are doing. My breakfasts and snacks are pretty much the same everyday- I have the Meal Replacement Shakes for breakfast and my snacks are usually avocado for one and nuts for the other (I'm loving cashews right now). I am thinking that maybe sharing my lunches/dinners may help give some of you ideas so your son doesn't ask what's for dinner and then say "Oh, good- I'm getting tired of chicken Mom..." :/

 
How have you adjusted your families meals while on The Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment