Sunday, October 7, 2012

Now & Later Sweet & Sour

We just got WinCo in our area, so I ventured out to see what all the fuss was about- PLUS they had chicken breast for $1.44/lb and super cheap bulk almonds and apples- $.25/lb so it didn't take much. Right when I walked in they had these marinades for a steal so I thought- why not?
24 Day challenge, 24 day challenge meal ideas, weight loss, losing weight after baby




I picked two of the three flavors- I should have grabbed two of each- at least! I ended up marinading the half the chicken breasts package for about an hour then pulled them out and put them in a baking dish for 35 min at 350- super delish! Lyss and I shredded ours for lettuce wraps again and everyone else had them shredded over brown rice.








Between the amount of chicken and the amount of sauce in on bottle I was able to make two dinners with one family pack of breasts and 1 jar of sauce. I poured about 3/4 to marinade what I made tonight and then I added enough water back in the bottle to fill it back up to half and shook it. I threw the rest of the chicken into a zip lock and the water downed marinade to throw in the freezer.
24 Day challenge, 24 day challenge meal ideas, weight loss, losing weight after baby



Now I have a crock pot ready meal for another day! I read this trick on another blog- <3 it! You just throw the frozen chicken/marinade mass in the crock pot and there you go!






I also snagged these delights off the check stand and ate them while I was getting the chicken all ready...

24 Day challenge, 24 day challenge meal ideas, weight loss, losing weight after baby
 
The kick at the end reminded me of Limon Cheetos- oh yeah! I love finding healthier replacements for my favorite junk foods!
 
What's your favorite junk food swap?

No comments:

Post a Comment