Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day Three, Dr Appointments-Yipee!

Getting lame already, I know...

Super crazy day today starting with Gyno apts first thing for me and Alyssa....YAY :/ So Breakfast Bar in the car for meal one.




Since we both had apts it took forever and we both were starving so hit our favorite breakfast spot- The Good Egg, and this was soooo good!
Egg whites, spinach, onions, and chopped tomato with a side of fresh fruit!









 
We had about an hour to kill and then had to head for another set of apts with the dentist, luckily I always carry a Snack Bar in my purse so I ate it on the hour drive to the dentist.





After spending two hours at the dentist getting a temp crown put in I was starving so we walked to QT to buy our winning power ball tickets and get a snack. Since half my mouth was numb I had few choices and opted for the small mocha frappachino- no where near close to the best choice but I was light headed from the Novocain and needed something to get me home.

As soon as I got home there was still no chewing...made a banana berry Meal Replacement Shake and started dinner.


Determined to use the remaining turkey I didn't freeze, I concocted turkey noodle soup; 1 box and 1 can of chicken broth, add 2 C water, 1 whole tomato, 1 med onion quartered, 2 celery stalks halved, half a bag of mini carrots, 2 garlic cloves smashed, and 2 tsp of 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joes- bring to a boil and simmer for an hour.

Chop your bird while that simmers...




After the hour you remove all the vegi's/garlic and toss everything but the carrots- I chopped them up smaller and threw back in. Added my chopped bird, a bag of frozen mixed vegi's and about a cup of spiral noodles - preferably whole wheat (you can omit if you are burn day). Bring back to a boil and cook until noodles are cooked through.

I wasn't hungry yet from the MRS I had while cooking so I actually did my Zumba for the day while everyone ate- appetizing for them I am sure! Today's DVD was the Ripped one and they ain't joking...who knew you could get such a great workout with a chair!



I still couldn't chew well (hence the noodles) as the chicken was hard enough for me to break down, but Caden had 4 bowls of this and I do have to say it's the best broth I've ever made. You will notice my lunch packet to the right since I didn't really have lunch I just added them at dinner:)







With nothing personal to either, Dentist or Gyno appointment...which is more dreaded?





No comments:

Post a Comment