Monday, November 19, 2012

Eggs and Thankin'

The sand keeps slipping through the hour glass on the countdown until Thanksgiving. I do the whole meal here for everyone so basically I stress myself out before/during/and even after as much as possible...keeps me busy! Having a hard time getting in the "spirit" of the season this year and I really wanted to scale back what I felt was necessary in the actual meal. I always try to do to much and then I eat WAY too much caused I slaved over it and dang it- it's NOT going to waste!

I've been debating since yesterday about whether to do deviled eggs or not cause the only reason I would be doing them is because some obsessive part of my brain says it's "tradition"- which in reality means it's a tradition for me to make them, be the ONLY person who eats them, and then eat as many as I can myself the day of, the day after, AND the day after, that to the point where I'm really not sure if they are still good and then finally toss their slimy carcasses in the garbage...

Maybe I need to take more time and focus on what I really should be- I can take a lesson from Parker on this one- as obviously he is thankful for french fries or maybe they are Cheetos's- it's a toss up...
So here goes...I am thankful for Top 5 and because my perfectly flawed thinking cannot make a list without goals attached so I have added them as well:
 
My Family- I need to focus more on showing them they are my #1
My Health- I take it for granted and I shouldn't, I need to be more active so that I don't lose it
My Friends- I need to become a better listener, reacher-outer, and includer
The Means to Give- no matter how hard my situation is, others have it far worse, I need to look harder to find those whom I can help
My Hearing- I can't imaging life with out music and laughter- both of which one can never have to much of
 
What are you thankful for?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment