Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Not gonna lie...I love me some Stove Top- double YAY on that find!
 
I swear Thanksgiving is the longest day of the year...I don't care what the Mayans say....they didn't spend the 3rd Thursday of November cooking a ridiculous amount of food and then make the wise decision to forgo sleep in preparation for the barbaric shopping experience known simply as "Black Friday".





While I was slaving away on a 21 lb turkey, Parky was improvising with turtle soup...I think he was trying to show me up in the appetizer department...

...note to self- more cartoons, less food network :D









Too bad turkey's weren't more like spiders cause two legs are not enough...we practically have to hold a lottery here to keep the peace!








Me and this bird literally spent more time together than most first dates...but at the end of the day I decided it wasn't going to work out and we both needed to move on.


Okay, so maybe this wasn't the most mature of partings but I'm blaming it on the triptophan...really...I ate a TON of turkey...swear!











Our guests weren't huge on taking left overs so that left us with A LOT of turkey, I always put on bag in the fridge for the next few days; sandwiches, fridge raids, times I'm not really hungry but I stuff more in my mouth anyway...at least it's a healthy protein- there are FAR worse choices my friends- like the peanut butter pie that whispers to me from the freezer...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!...


I digress...the other half I put in the freezer for....


....can you guess????


SOUP<3!
 
 
 
What's your favorite excess turkey recipe, or are you stockpiling it for the end of the world??
 




No comments:

Post a Comment