Friday, November 16, 2012

Not So Hamburger Helper




 



Parker decided that 6am was a great time to wake up this morning- we are more like 8am people so this was a huge bummer for me- so NOT a morning person, never have been...ask my parents! Poor Parky is a combination of Paul and I, wakes up early, but isn't happy about it...



















Luckily he is easily persuaded...or bipolar- only time will tell











Not doing the best at planning out dinner, so this was a last minute creativity burst- I have a bunch of hamburger/tuna helper boxes from my couponing over the year and as of late I have been using them for their spice packets. It really never dawned on me that I could NOT follow the directions on the box...see how I'm wired? So with this one I browned the ground turkey, steamed some broccoli (as this was the broccoli tuna one) and mixed them together.







Then I took mixed about 3/4 C water and 3/4 C skim milk with the sauce packet and added it to the pan, simmered for about 15 minutes to let the seasonings out and sauce thicken a bit. I ate it as is but for the Kids and Paul I put the mixture over a small baked potato- there wasn't any left and it was super filling!






I just toss the noodle packet into the cupboard for use later...great portion for a soup maybe at some point...or that token pasta salad for the next get-together.



No comments:

Post a Comment