Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Choco-Nana-Nutter Blast- A Healthy Family Recipe by Sparkedmom

A year ago when the budget was drum tight and I was a couponing FREAK, I learned quickly to become creative with not only leftovers but to ideally stretch one meal into two and in my best of days three. We bought a deep freezer for the kitchen and I started freezing everything- leftovers for one became lunches later in the month or last minute meals for one (so much healthier and FILLING than your typical store bought box of sodium). These have rescued me many a night- soups are awesome to freeze too- I almost always double my batch and freeze one- later on you can throw it in the crockpot and dinner's done! Sale meats-freezer, chicken stock-freezer, that last serving of leftovers you'd rather choke than eat again-freezer, two months from now when it's 2 hours past lunch and your starving it will be the most delicious thing ever-SWEAR! I love stocking up on in season fruit- I wash, prep and freeze in large freezer bags and these go in my smoothies, banana ice cream, Meal Replacement Shakes and Protein Shakes all year instead of ice.

I give God the glory that I was blessed with the opportunity of AdvoCare cause couponing sure wasn't paying the mortgage, but it did help us scrape by and make ends meet during those days and I am still using my stockpile of razors and shampoo a year later- another blessing! Now I get to spend those hours of clipping-organizing-stressing in helping others take back their health and finances, but I am still frugal with my food and here's this morning's dreamy mix from my stash of frozen nanners- seriously can't believe eating these for breakfast is ideal- awesome nutrition IS the only way to LIVE!!

So obviously the glass was a bit big but I should get points for getting closer to "Pin-worthy" fancy with my pics- I actually dug out a strawberry (which may or may not be a couple days past ripe) and went through two nanner slices trying to get one to stay on the glass, all for you peeps- all for you =D

What I Used:
1/2 a frozen banana (or you can use 1/2 fresh and add 2 Ice cubes)
1 Meal Replacement Shake- Chocolate
8oz cold water
1 TBS Sunflower Seed Butter

Dump and blend to a creamy, dreamy, shake! You can do these for any meal too- not just breakfast! I always have a packet in my purse, great for on the go meals, travel, picky kids, or even when you're not feeling that great and know you need to eat.

What's your favorite chocolate mix-in? I'm a sucker for nut butters!




No comments:

Post a Comment